Register for all 4 races
Yes this is "The Series." We really care about running in San Antonio. We don't care if you are an elite runner or a beginner. Our series is designed to fit into just about any 18 week training schedule designed to prepare you for the Marathon or the Half Marathon.
The 2017 race series will become much more than in the past.
Bigger better medals and just more stuff, more vendors.
Remember as a Runner, this is your series so take ownership. Get a volunteer group involved, or invite a vendor that wants to support running in San Antonio.
You have to be entered into the series early to take part in the series gifts.
Make it a Christmas gift for that someone special.
The series will be for those working towards Marathon and Half-Marathon season.
You will be eligible for overall awards if you are registered for all four events in advance.
Each race will have awards in 5 year increments starting with 21-24, 25-29, going to 70-74.
And again this year we will award 1st to 4th place....maybe 5th...if we get 750 signed up for the entire series we will go 5 deep. Our goal, 1500 for the entire series in advance, then we will go 10 deep on awards. That is a a lot of glassware.
We will also include 15 and under and 16-20...new for the series.
All shirts will be gender specific and all will be tech shirts.
All finishers will get a medal and if you sign up for all four in advance you will get the bonus medal, so sign up early.
The last race of the series will have medals for everyone that finishes all four races. The last race will also have a 5k for those runners that are just getting started.
As in the past we will have non-profits involved and you will be able to donate to their cause
One change this year 2017, is to give 50% discount to anyone over 70. Why? We want your wisdom, and we want you to mentor the younger runners. If you have the money, then give some of that savings to our non profit Marrow Match, if you don't, then help the younger runners. Keep them calm and help where you can.
If you are 16 or younger you can also get a 50% discount. We want you to be good citizens and be our brand ambassadors to other runners. We also want your youthful legs and arms to help at at the finish area or where ever you can. Help clean up after the race. Also younger runners usually need community volunteer hours for school. We will supply your school or teacher with a letter if needed to show you have spent time helping.
If you are a vendor and want to get involved we need you. We have a list of things to do to become a better Scallywompian Vendor.
We are not requesting that you *pay to be a vendor at our events, so in return we do request that you help the event.
1. Bring products or services that are at least the value of a sponsorship if possible.
2. Post on your social media and ours that you are coming to the event.
3. Help us find volunteers or provide them from your friends, associate and family.
4. Be self sufficient, bring what you need, table, tents, chairs, if you need assistance doing this please let us know we can help you.
5. Send us your logos so we can post them to the right area's and help you get clients.
6. Commit to the runners and show up.
7. These runners have worked very hard to compete and finish these events, they deserve your respect and your time. If you show them that you care, truly care, they will show you the respect to do what you ask.
8. Yes, you have to tell the runners what you want them to do and they will probably do it, if they know you sincerely care about them and their accomplishments.
9. Find other vendors that have the same caring attitude as you and invite them.
10. Our goal is to have over 100 vendors at every event. Can you help us?
August 20th 2017 Sunday morning Race 1 5k and 10k Remember the Alamo.....Beer!
September 23rd, 2017 Saturday evening Race 2 5 mile and 10 mile Battle of Salado Creek
October 21st 2017 Saturday morning Race 3 13.1 half marathon, 10k and 5k Battle of Hillotes
November 19th 2017 Sunday morning Race 4 15 mile, 10 mile and 5k Battle of Leon Creek
*Note that if you want to be a title sponsor or special sponsor we have packages that will put your logos and your name in prominent areas for runners to see. We can tailor a package that fits your business or your products.